THERE IS NO NEW COURSE PLANNED YET FOR 2016 ONWARDS.
Please send us an email if you would like to be added to our mailing list so that we can update you on our next course: email@example.com
AMI Primary Training Course: 3-6 years old
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
The AMI Primary Course is intended to give to the student Dr. Montessori’s views on how to help children in the growth of their personality so that they become integrated human beings and acquire the feeling that they belong not only to a family or to a nation, but are citizens of the world. The course provides an opportunity to study the Montessori pedagogy in regards to the development and needs of children from 3 to 6 years old. Upon completion of this AMI approved course, the students will receive a diploma which is recognised world-wide. The course is provided by the Montessori Institute of Denmark which is certified by Association Montessori Internationale (AMI).
The course is given in English.
- Montessori Child Psychology, Philosophy and Educational Theory
- Childhood Development- Early Childhood Development
- Comparative Study of Child, Family and Community
- School Curriculum- Administration/Supervision Techniques – Parent Education and Family Development
II. Demonstration and Theory (Methodology) of Montessori Materials in each area
- Practical Life
- Language and Literature
- Cultural Subjects (e.g. Science, Art, Music and Movement, Botany, History, Zoology, in a manner suitable for a young child)
III. Compilation and Submission of Original Albums in All Areas
IV. Practical Sessions
- Supervised Practice with Montessori Materials
V. Making Montessori Materials
VI. Observation Assignments
- Traditional Preschools, Day Care Centre, Montessori Schools
VII. Practice Teaching in Approved Montessori Schools
VIII. Discussions / Reviews / Reading Seminars – As organised by the Training Course
IX. Classroom Management / Child Health and Safety, etc.
AMI Primary Diploma
To graduate and receive the AMI Primary Diploma, the following has to be completed and approved:
- Written exam A
- Written exam B
- Oral exams
- 90% attendance
- Observation (90 hours)
- School Practice (100 hours)
- Handmade materials
90% attendance to lectures is required as well as full attendance to the practical sessions (140 hours) in order to complete the course and receive the AMI diploma.
How to Apply
Requirements for Participants
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in education or social studies
- Some participants may be accepted without a bachelor’s degree depending upon experience and following a personal interview
- English language proficiency – the course and all documents will be in English and work to be submitted must be written in English. Therefore, English fluency is required of all participants
- Minimum age: 18 years old
THERE IS NO NEW COURSE ORGANISED YET FOR 2016 ONWARDS.